Family Care partner: Espoir Congo, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Espoir Congo project managers Gino and Clotilde Marie Volpe
With its history of civil unrest, it’s understatement that the people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo have suffered enormously. Women struggle to receive an education and to make a living for their families, being too often abandoned by the men who gave them children.
To address this latter issue and provide life-long solutions, Family Care project partner Espoir Congo offers struggling women, orphaned or underprivileged teenage girls, and unwed mothers opportunities for education, employment and micro-enterprise. For example:
Tailoring classes are offered to unwed teenage mothers, as well as to orphaned girls.
Agricultural opportunities are also made available to destitute single mothers to help feed their families and pay school fees.
Ante- and post-natal care and education are given to expecting and new mothers.
Read more about Espoir Congo
Other FCF Programs:
- Family Care AIDS Care Program
- Family Care Medical Relief
- Family Care Hunger Relief
- Family Care Orphans & Street Kids Program
- Family Care Education Program
- Family Care Computer Literacy
- Family Care Drug Awareness
- Family Care Emergency Relief
- Family Care Facebook and Twitter
- Family Care founder Grant Montgomery
- Global Responsibility
- International Aid
- North Korean Refugees